Many suffer personal injuries due to defective products. Companies owe a duty of care to thoroughly test their products to ensure they are safe. Companies that make products for consumers have safety guidelines they are required to meet and when they don’t, innocent people can get hurt. If you have sustained serious injuries, our product liability attorneys will work hard to seek and obtain damages to compensate you for your losses. Our defective products cases include all of the following:
Improperly packaged food
- Improper packaged food is when information on packaged labels (for example a list of ingredients) is inaccurate. Improper packaged labels are a major safety violation. Packaged food labels should not be misleading or falsified in any way. It is important for manufacturers to that the label is not misleading.
Defective automobile parts causing auto accidents
- Automobile parts are defective and can be recalled for safety precautions. These parts can extend to tires, steering wheels, seatbelt, airbags, etc. A defective or faulty design may give liability to a vehicle’s manufacturer or the design can cause injury.
- Seatbelts: A vehicle’s seatbelt failure to restrain
- Air bags: A vehicle’s airbag fail to activate and causes serious neck or head injury
Unsafe medical products
- Before medical products can be used, it’s important that its FDA approved. Medical products must go through FDA approval, so that the device is proven effective and for safe use. Most products are not tested in real life situations and can have a faulty design.
- As a parent you trust that products are safe and work if they are intended for your children. Defective toys are responsible for many injuries and death every year. If your child suffered from an injury from a defective predict you may be entitled to seek compensation. Children are more prone to harm. Some injuries sustained may have lifelong consequences.
Lack of sufficient warnings or labeling
- Manufacturers are required to give accurate and complete warnings of dangers of using the products. Inadequate warnings are considered marketing defect in a product liability.
- Lack of a sufficient warning label can cause food poisoning. Any type of food that is not handled properly according to procedure can be contaminated. This is especially important with any raw product such as, chicken, beef, turkey, or vegetables. Prescription drugs undergo a lengthy process in order to be approved by the FDA.
If you make a purchase and the product you bought is defective in a way that could harm you, you have a right to protect yourself. Reach out to an attorney at Facchini & Facchini and we will make sure that you are properly represented. We will handle any kind of defective product for you and get the justice that you deserve.
If you’re looking for a defective product attorney in Springfield MA, or throughout Western MA let Facchini & Facchini, P.C.,
help you protect your legal rights! Call us today at 413-746-3369.