- Failing to appropriately treat an injury
- Misdiagnosis or failure to recognize symptoms
- Delayed diagnosis
- Improper recovery
- Surgical errors or unnecessary surgery
- Leaving foreign object in a patient
- Puncturing internal organs
- Operate on wrong body part
- Negligence during post-op care
- Failing to provide proper follow-up treatment
- Premature discharge
- Misreading or ignoring laboratory results
- Medical staff failing to follow a doctor’s orders
- Making perscription errors
- Wrong dosage of medicine
- Wrong prescription of medicine
- Misdiagnosis of condition
- Negligence during childbirth
- Negligent prenatal care
- Failure to identify birth defects
- Failure to identify medical condition in mother
- Failure to anticipate birth complications
- Incompetent use of medical equipment
There were close to 12,000 paid medical malpractice claims worth nearly $4 billion in 2017 alone. Medical negligence can be committed by doctors, nurses, other medical staff and even administration. If you are injured due to the mistake of any medical staff, you are protected by many Massachusetts state laws. Laws ensure liability payouts, patient safety, prescription monitoring, and there is even an established birth related neurological injury trust fund.
If you believe your injury was caused by medical negligence, contact us today and we will help you get started promptly. We’ll provide thoughtful answers to questions you may have such as:
- Do I have a case?
- What are my legal rights?
Title: Mentally disabled women neglected and injured under exclusive care, custody, and control by special care center.
Type of Action: Negligence
Injuries Alleged: Sunconjunctival hemotoma to the left eye; laceration with prolapse/exposed tissue; injury that resulted in loss of left eye; pain and suffering.
Name of Case: Witheld
Court/Case No: Witheld
Tried Before Judge or Jury:N/A (Settled)
Amount of Settlement:$100,000.00
Law Firm: Facchini & Facchini, P.C.
Attorneys: Richard A. Facchini, Esq.
Anthony P. Facchini, Esq.
Michael D. Facchini, Esq.